Previously the court of Munsif Mathura
was situated near District Civil Hospital (at present
where is Vikas Market), which was shifted in new
Building in the year 1902 A.D. now called Old Munsifi
compound, just opposite of the judgeship.
Later on the Courts of Civil Judge (Renamed Civil Judge
Senior Division) and Additional Sessions Judge created.
Mathura Session Division started in 1951. Sri Girish
Chandra Srivastava was the first District & Sessions
Judge of Mathura who took charge on 25.09.1951. This
judgeship has a privilege of eminent District Judges who
had been elevated to Hon’ble High Court as Judge High
Court namely Sri O.P. Mehrotra, Sri N.B. Asthana, Sri
P.K. Jain, Sri J.C. Mishra, Sri Dev Kant Trivedi, Sri
S.S. Kulshrestha, Sri J.M. Paliwal, Sri O.N. Khandelwal,
Sri M.K.Mittal, Sri Y.K. Singhal and Sri Virendra Singh.
In this district there are 4 Tehsils naming
Sadar, Chhata, Mant and Mahavan. At present there is one
out-lying courts at Chhata, which was started on